Tuesday, December 31, 2013

City Slickin'






New York City 30/12/13
These are my few highlights of this years family NY trip, as much as I love the hustle & bustle of the city I'm not so sure I could live in this one forever. New York is big, bad & beautiful but very crowded and dirty (The subway is also terrifying!) and my time spent here will be short, there is fantastic shopping though.

1. Blurry image of Broadway in the evening, a wonderful endless strip of shopping. I had to take it all in quickly through window shopping - I advise to not bring 7 year olds on your trip, they ruin all the fun. 
2. (& 6) I gave myself a quick tour of this Prada store, it was amazing and I am not a Prada girl.  Their layout was really fun & interesting. The black slope in picture #6 was made of egg carton shaped foam which I really wanted to roll down.
3. Four words, Double Decker Free People also known as heaven and definitely my favorite part of today. I forced myself to not look at everything or else my wallet would become extremely sad, but this store had all the great items you see on their website including a lot of boots, purses & other fun goodies! This store was in Rockefeller center, if you're in NY and a FP fan you better fit this place into your schedule!
4. I did not catch the name to this cafe, eep! But it was on the street up from Radio City and was delicious. I munched some noodles with olives, capers, and REAL tomato sauce yummm! 
5. The NBC tour was our "highlight" of the day. I wasn't too excited at first, but it ended up pretty sweet! We saw the Nightly News studio, makeup studio's, SNL studio, and a mock newsroom. Each set had an insane amount of lights and cameras worth over a $1000 each! ALSO those applause signs you see on TV? Totally real.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment